The Friends of the Teaneck Public Library has played a significant role in the development of the Library and its facilities and programs.
The Friends organization was established in 1979 by people from every segment of the town. Friends have done a lot in the last 40 years:
- Friends were influential in gaining support for renovation and expansion that doubled the Library’s usable space in 1980. This also regained the use of the auditorium, which is available to the community and is the site of concerts, lectures, films, training, children’s programs, and more.
- Friends have acquired items including a concert piano, a video-projection system for a movie-size screen, auditorium curtains, carpet for the auditorium and reference room, furniture for the lounge area and children’s room, the signage system, large-print books for the visually impaired, display fixtures, and a business computer, just to name a few.
- Friends have sponsored programs of all kinds on a regular basis, including Makers Day 2019 with more than 900 participants.
Today, the Friends is an influential organization of more than 600 members who are growing as they help the community. The Friends will continue their work:
- Making people aware of the Library, its special resources, services and needs.
- Supporting the Library in its contacts with the public and government, as a voice for continued improvement and growth.
- Sponsoring programs and assisting where needed in the Library’s programming.
- Providing the Library with services and materials not included in the Library’s regular budget.
We invite you to join us in continuing this work. You will contribute to the growth of an outstanding institution, enjoy working with new friends from our diverse community who have the same goals, increase your knowledge of interesting subjects, and enrich the lives of others, from children to senior citizens.
Join / Renew Your Membership
Become a member today and enjoy our monthly newsletter, early access to concerts, films, and our annual book sale, and discounts from local merchants who are our Business Partners.
Go to the online Friends of the Teaneck Public Library Membership Form
For credit card payment, simply click on the donate button below:
Or you can print the membership application form (PDF), complete, and return to:
Friends of the Teaneck Public Library
840 Teaneck Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666