Dear Teaneck Public Library patrons and community members,
Over the course of the past few months we have been making considerable efforts to implement new procedures, protocols, and services in order to safely offer the library services that you rely on, including contactless doorside pickup (launched June 22) and front desk pickup (launched July 20).
In late July, we expanded the hours of operation for these services to include nights and weekends. And in late August we launched our outdoor “pop-up” library, in an effort to safely provide residents with greater access to library materials.
I’m now happy to announce that beginning Wednesday, October 14, we will begin offering express indoor browsing, Monday – Friday, 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM.
All who wish to participate in this grab and go service must observe a strict 30-minute time limit inside the building. Per guidelines in Governor Murphy’s Executive Order 157, 25% capacity limits will be implemented within the library and in separate spaces throughout the library.
The safety of our patrons, staff, and entire Teaneck community is the top priority. Here is what we are doing to make the library safe for you:
- Staff will wear masks at all times in public spaces, and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- Plexiglass health shields have been installed at all public service desks.
- Hand sanitizer stations have been placed at the building entrance, outside the public restrooms, and throughout the library.
- Frequent cleaning of the building, with extra care paid to high-touch surfaces.
And here is what we need from you:
- Visitors over the age of 2 must wear a face covering that completely covers the mouth and nose.
- Maintain a distance of 6 feet from all persons (with the exceptions of family members, caregivers, and romantic partners)
- Anyone who has a fever, cough, chills or is otherwise not feeling well or who are self quarantining should not visit the library.
- Sanitize your hands upon entering the building.
- All food and drink must be consumed outside the building.
I’m also happy to announce that we have made several upgrades to our facility to reduce contact in our public services. (2) MeeScan self-checkout kiosks have been installed in the library building, which will permit patrons to checkout their own books. These self-checkout kiosks can be found new the New Adult Books section, and in the Children’s Room. You can watch a quick tutorial video, and then try it for yourself the next time you visit us for express indoor browsing.
We are also launching mobile self-checkout, available to patrons by downloading the MeeScan mobile app (for Apple and Android devices).
For more details on all of our current reopening plans and services, please visit: https://teanecklibrary.org/reopening/
Thank you all for your patience, support, and dedication, as we continue to expand our virtual collections and programming, and improve contactless in-person services. We will continue to monitor the local health environment, and work towards the continued safe implementation of expanded in-person services.