Here is your opportunity to give pleasure to others while helping to preserve the memory of a special person or honoring someone you admire.
Establish a Book Endowment or donate the cost of a single volume in the name of the person to the Teaneck Public Library.
A book plate will be placed in each book giving the name of the person in whose honor or memory the book is given and the name of the donor or donors.
If you like, you may suggest some subjects for book choices that would be appropriate.
Book as Memorials
A book memorial is an appreciated and fitting expression of sympathy and a lasting tribute that continues a person’s influence in the community.
Books as Tributes
Honor Books can…
salute a retiring club officer
mark a birthday or anniversary
thank a business or a friend for a special favor
share a child’s own favorite book with other children
To Donate a Single Volume:
Give the Teaneck Public Library your check and the following information:
- the name of the person to be remembered, as it should appear on the bookplate
- your name or the organization’s name as it should appear on the bookplate
- the name and the address of the family of the person being remembered or the name and address of the person being honored, so that the proper acknowledgement can be sent
- your address (for card of acknowledgement)
- subjects of books that would be appropriate (if you like)
An appropriate acknowledgement will be sent to the family of the person be remembered or to the person being honored. The amount is not mentioned.
All donations are tax deductible.
Various endowment arrangements may be made by single donors, family groups, friends or organization members to provide each year in perpetuity, a worthwhile book designated by the donor.