The coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic is quickly becoming the defining global health crisis of our time and the greatest challenge we have faced since World War II. Bergen County has been the hardest hit in New Jersey by the coronavirus, and Teaneck has been at the epicenter. During these unprecedented times, Teaneck Public Library would like to collect and preserve materials as the situation evolves so that future generations and historians can have a glimpse of how our community spent their time.
To help document this moment, the Teaneck Public Library, Teaneck Historical Society, and Age-Friendly Teaneck would like to invite Teaneck residents of all ages to share their experiences and reflections during this global pandemic. The collection will be made available to the public in the near future.
The method that you use to record your experiences can take different forms. Some suggestions include:
- A journal, poem or narrative of your thoughts and experiences
- Photos and/or videos of life as you see it
- Voice recordings/memos
- Interview with friends or family for an oral history
- Artwork or drawings
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Stories about what changes you witnessed in the Teaneck community
- Challenges created by staying in touch with family and friends during this period of social distancing and self-quarantine
- Experiences of working or learning remotely
- How this pandemic is impacting your life.
Events continue to change day by day. They are specific to you and to your families, friends, and communities. Please start documenting now!
Teaneck Public Library
Attention: COVID19 TEANECK
840 Teaneck Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
Submissions by email or USPS should include the following fillable form. It can be completed electronically and attached to your email submissions, or printed, filled out, and included with your USPS submission.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or 201-817-9780.